PDA

View Full Version : Are there any other English speaking members on this forum?

Jonny Redman
12-05-2005, 02:49
Anyone on these boards speak English? I think I may be the only one?

:(

Venticello
12-05-2005, 11:27
Yo Jonny, looks like I can... :P

Jonny Redman
13-05-2005, 02:29
Yo Jonny, looks like I can... :P

Cool! Good to hear from you Venticello!!

I don't feel so alone on these boards now!

I'm a big fan of Maurizio Merli and Umberto Lenzi's crime films (Poliziesco's?) correct me if I use the wrong words for these films. What is the correct Italian name for the Italian Crime/Police films?

I have a question, I hope you can answer it! Can you tell me where Maurizio Merli is laid to rest? I will be in Italy very soon and would like to know where, if possible I can pay my respect to his grave.

Best wishes
Jonny

nemesi
13-05-2005, 08:14
I'm a big fan of Maurizio Merli and Umberto Lenzi's crime films (Poliziesco's?) correct me if I use the wrong words for these films. What is the correct Italian name for the Italian Crime/Police films?

I have a question, I hope you can answer it! Can you tell me where Maurizio Merli is laid to rest? I will be in Italy very soon and would like to know where, if possible I can pay my respect to his grave.

Best wishes
Jonny

You already said the Italian name by yourself: "poliziesco / polizieschi".
But the '70 critics started dissin' them, calling 'em: "poliziotteschi", because in most cases they were all about a single police man who did everything.
Personally I hate this last name.

I don't know where Merli's laid to rest; maybe around Roma.

Venticello
13-05-2005, 10:08
As Nemesi I don't know where Merli laid, but I try to ask it to others forumist for you and I'll let you know here.

Jonny Redman
13-05-2005, 23:34
As Nemesi I don't know where Merli laid, but I try to ask it to others forumist for you and I'll let you know here.

Thanks a million you guys!! I really appreciate your feedback on these topics!! For over 15 years I've been a fan of poliziesco films, they are the best films I've ever seen. I like Giallo's aswell but not as much as the poliziesco's!!!

I hope you can find out where Merli is resting. Thanks for being so cool guys.

Speak soon,

Jonny

SWAT
14-05-2005, 14:10
Hi Jonny, welcome in our board :)

You will find many english speaker user.

About your question, Venticello opened a topic with your request in the italian board ;)
As and when we got a reply, you will surely know.

SWAT
16-05-2005, 13:12
http://www.gentedirispetto.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2506

Venticello
16-05-2005, 13:35
Hi Jonny,
SWAT (be kind with him he's the MASTER) answered you with the link in the upper post. If you have difficult in understanding italian Language, Maurizio Merli should be buried in POGGIO CATINO near RIETI.

Let us know a report of your visit.

Jonny Redman
17-05-2005, 22:50
Hi Jonny,
SWAT (be kind with him he's the MASTER) answered you with the link in the upper post. If you have difficult in understanding italian Language, Maurizio Merli should be buried in POGGIO CATINO near RIETI.

Let us know a report of your visit.

Amazing! Thank you so much! I will definately give you guys a report! I'm Visiting Rome on my 1st wedding anniversary this coming September. I'm not sure where Rieti is but if it's within my reach I will do my best to visit. Thanks, especially to SWAT and Venticello!!

Best
Jonny

Jonny Redman
17-05-2005, 23:10
I have just been looking at some maps... Poggio Catino is about 20-25 k's from Roma?

MILANOODIA
18-05-2005, 09:33
Hi Johnny, welcome! Poggio Catino is 80 km far from Rome... I' ve looked here: http://www.viamichelin.co.uk/viamichelin/gbr/tpl/hme/MaHomePage.htm

Jonny Redman
20-05-2005, 02:21
Hi Johnny, welcome! Poggio Catino is 80 km far from Rome... I' ve looked here: http://www.viamichelin.co.uk/viamichelin/gbr/tpl/hme/MaHomePage.htm

80km, I doubt I can manage to get that far from Rome on my visit. :(

Maybe I'll hire a car, but I'm not too good at driving on the other side of the road! Why do you guys have to drive on the wrong side of the road!!?? ;) I'll probably crash before I get out of Roma!

If I can get a bus or train I'll try and get to Poggio Cattino. I'll do my best. I'll be in Roma in September so I have time to plan my visit.

Many thanks for your help my friends!!

Jonny

er gobbo
20-05-2005, 08:48
Why do you guys have to drive on the wrong side of the road!!?? ;)
Jonny

:smt082 :smt082 :smt082 :smt082

welcome jonny 8)

Freakland-Store
24-05-2005, 14:09
Hi @ all,

I also want to use the chance to say hello. I am speaking a little english :wink: and I also drive on the wrong side of the road (Germany) :D

I hope for a great time on this board.

Ciao
Tino

er gobbo
24-05-2005, 14:11
welcome Tino

SWAT
24-05-2005, 19:02
Hi @ all,

I also want to use the chance to say hello. I am speaking a little english :wink: and I also drive on the wrong side of the road (Germany) :D

Ciao
Tino

Hi! Welcome :)

Jonny Redman
24-05-2005, 22:58
Hi @ all,

Ciao
Tino

Hi Tino!

Good to hear I'm not the only one who drives on the wrong side of the road amigo! :wink:

What films do you like? I look forward to talking to you.

Best,
Jonny

Freakland-Store
25-05-2005, 00:41
Hi Jonny,

I like of course the cop movies. I am working on my own first DVD in germany and hope that it becomes a success.

My Top 10 are:

1. Napoli Violenta
2. Uomini Si Nasce Poliziotti Si muore
3. Quelli Che Contano
4. Milano Odia
5. Quelli della Calibro 38
6. Roma Violenta
7. Roma A Mano Armata
8. La Banda Del Gobbo
9. Napoli Spara
10. La Mala Ordina / Il Boss / Milano Calibro 9 :lol:

Don't ask me what film is the best. I startet it all with Napoli Violenta and thats why it always comes first. But there are so many other great movies I really can't decide between them.

Il Grande Racket
Vai Gorilla ( I think this is one of my all time favorites because its so unknown but brilliant)
La Polizia incrimina la legge assolve

No, I better stop it or I have to write them all :P

There are a lot of great actors. Maurizio Merli, Tomas Milian and of course the god himself Henry Silva :!:

He is the greatest villian on this planet and he will ever be !!!!

I also run a Online-Store in Germany and offer a lot of Exploitation and other Stuff around the World. It is no big store but it is the only one with this kind of special offer.

I live for the movies and do a lot of things to live it the rest of my life 8)

nemesi
25-05-2005, 07:57
I am working on my own first DVD in germany and hope that it becomes a success.

1. Napoli Violenta

You've got the "Napoli Violenta" DVD in Germany... :x
While we are still waiting for it... :evil:

Freakland-Store
25-05-2005, 10:40
Well thats right. I am sure you will get your DVD soon and with a lot of extras :x

Roma A Mano Armato is also coming over here but you have already your great Special Edition from No Shame :cry:

nemesi
25-05-2005, 10:54
Well thats right. I am sure you will get your DVD soon and with a lot of extras :x

Roma A Mano Armato is also coming over here but you have already your great Special Edition from No Shame :cry:

You'd better learn italian... :wink:

Freakland-Store
25-05-2005, 14:53
I know. I need some italian for my own DVDs (if they went to a success). I love the italian cinema. But I have no time to learn a lot :cry:

I know just a few words but it is defintiley not enough

Jonny Redman
26-05-2005, 00:06
My top 10 poliziesco DVD's...

in no order...

Milano Calibro 9 (Raro)
La Mala Ordina (Raro)
Milano Odia: La Polizia non puo Sparare (Alan Young)
Uomini Si Nasce Poliziotti Si muore (Raro)
Roma a Mano Armata (NoShame)
La Mano Spietata della Legge (Nocturno)
Revolver (Blue Underground)
Syndicate Sadists (Shriek Show/Media Blasters)
Tony Arzenta (King Records)
Paura in Citta (Alan Young)

Freakland-Store, what's the german DVD of Napoli Violenta like? Does it have any English options?

Best
Jonny

Freakland-Store
26-05-2005, 01:14
@ Jonny

No the german DVD ("Camorra - Ein Bulle rumt auf") doesn't have any other language except german :cry:

But it is uncut and in it's original aspect ratio of 2.35:1

It is released by KOCH Media and they also released some other crime movies and of course a lot of great italian western (Blindman and the Sergio Sollima Western Box)

But the didn't do a good job on the Crime DVDs :roll:

Napoli Spara was cut in Germany and they promote it as coming uncut for the first time in Germany (they also wrote it into their booklet).

And what did they do? They just took the same master as the old VHS :evil: A lot of violence was cut out from it. We have a very bad censorship over here and lot of movies are banned or it is not allowed to promote them and a very lot of movies are cut. The most "cutted" film is Nightmare Concert by Fulci. It was cut about 45 minutes :shock: :P

martinp
02-06-2005, 23:56
Good evening everybody!

Jonny directed me over here.

I'm also a rabid polizieshi (sp?) fan from the UK. I'm also really into western all'italiana and to a lesser extent gialli (just recently warmed to them). Although coming from the UK I'm sure my English is worse than most on here.

My favourite actors and actresses include Tomas Milian, Klaus Kinski, Henry Silva, Franco Nero, Luciano Rossi (I love his cameos!), Claudia Cardinale, Nieves Navarro, Margaret Lee, Edwidge Fenech and Rosalba Neri.

Here's my polizieshi top ten:

Milano odia
La mala ordina
Milano calibro 9
Banditi a Milano
Confessione di un commissario di polizia al procuratore della repubblica
Il Trucido e lo sbirro
La Banda del Gobbo
Il Cinico, l'infame, il violento
La Be;va col mitra
Milano Violenta

Cheers

Martin

SWAT
03-06-2005, 12:44
HI Martin! Welcome in the board.

Have fun :)

Venticello
03-06-2005, 13:03
Hi everybody.
Swat please our post with the top ten of poliziesco films is lost with all the old stuff ???

WERTHAM
08-05-2006, 08:45
I speak English as well.

almayer
08-05-2006, 17:04
I speak English as well.

And me too...

Davidson602
12-05-2006, 13:12
Hi Folks!

I'm new in the forum and i speak English too! I'm from Portugal and i ran across this board when i was searching for covers 'locandine' of some Italian movies i own.

Cheers to you all!

SWAT
12-05-2006, 13:26
Hi Folks!

I'm new in the forum and i speak English too! I'm from Portugal and i ran across this board when i was searching for covers 'locandine' of some Italian movies i own.

Cheers to you all!

Hi Davidson, are you the "arrow in the head" guy? If so I know your page, welcome :)

almayer
12-05-2006, 14:40
Hi Folks!

Cheers to you all!

Bom dia Davidson, welcome on board!

Straniero
21-05-2006, 01:41
Hi, I also speak English (and Italian, etc.).

Please check out my thread:
http://www.gentedirispetto.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4378

Best regards,

Straniero

Bmw2002
21-05-2006, 14:56
Hi! My name's Marco!

karl1968
27-06-2006, 21:24
Hi Im Karl from the netherlands and i love italian genre cinema,specialy peplums,italian gothic horror,giallo,s and spaghetti westerns.

I have about 200 films on dvd all from Italy.

almayer
28-06-2006, 02:54
Hi Im Karl from the netherlands and i love italian genre cinema,specialy peplums,italian gothic horror,giallo,s and spaghetti westerns.

I have about 200 films on dvd all from Italy.

Welcome on board, Karl! Where r u based in The Netherlands?

karl1968
28-06-2006, 07:07
Hi i live in the south part of the netherlands near eindhoven and near the belgium border.

Straniero
28-06-2006, 11:20
Dear karl1968,

Welcome to the forum!

Best regards,
Straniero

almayer
28-06-2006, 13:57
Hi i live in the south part of the netherlands near eindhoven and near the belgium border.

Close to me then, I live in Brussels. :)

VLAD TEPES
11-03-2007, 16:35
Hello my fellow Euro film fanatics. I live in England, or to be more precise, Northamptonshire and have loved the European films since I was about 8 years old. I'm now 47 :(
I especially love the gialli and horror genres from Italy and Spain and have a huge collection of films from both genres. Hopefully I shall post more soon...

il_boss
04-08-2007, 17:09
Hi Folks;

Please add one member more who knows English ;)

I live in Turkey also known as World's secret dark movie capital . :D

I'm master of first collector group who dedicated to Turkish director Cetin Inanc & Turkish actor Cneyt ARKIN ( The Man Who Saves The World - Turkish Star Wars ).

You can review our cult classics on web page;

www.myspace.com/cetininanc

Also I love 70s Italian secret classics. My favourite directors are Enzo G. Castellari, Fernando Di Leo, Sergio Sollima...etc

I want to share Turkish & Italian co production poliziotteschi movies trailer who shooted in 70s soon .

Greetings ;

almayer
06-08-2007, 10:21
Welcome to the forum, Il Boss! (and welcome to Vlad Tepes too) :)

satanetto
22-08-2007, 16:59
here I am as well, just arrived...

raphael187
23-05-2008, 20:42
Yup, hello from london..

SWAT
23-05-2008, 21:42
Yup, hello from london..

Hello Raphael, welcome on Gente di rispetto :)

Rexje
31-08-2008, 18:08
Here is another one. I'm from the Netherlands and became a member of this forum just a few days ago.

federicop
31-08-2008, 18:49
Welcome Rexje ;)

Bmw2002
31-08-2008, 19:08
You're welcome Rexje

almayer
01-09-2008, 09:11
Here is another one. I'm from the Netherlands and became a member of this forum just a few days ago.

Welcome Rexje! :)

Straniero
04-09-2008, 00:48

Welcome Rexje, please tell us about your favorite Italian movies!

Best regards!

Straniero

ilbestione
03-04-2009, 20:23
Another English speaking user over here!

Great forum.

ayten
21-07-2009, 21:37
Hi everybody,My name's Ayten,nice to meet you :) I'm from Azerbaijan

ayten
21-07-2009, 21:41
Welcome ayten :)

Thanks,Renato

almayer
23-07-2009, 10:47
Hi everybody,My name's Ayten,nice to meet you :) I'm from Azerbaijan

Welcome to the forum! In which kind of movies are you interested?

djvaso
02-08-2009, 22:51
Hello,
My name is Vaso. I am from Serbia&Montenegro and a big fan of Italian genre cinema. Here is my little collection of spaghetti westerns (http://www.dvdaf.com/search.html?genre=western-spaghetti&where=djvaso&folder=owned&init_form=str0_0_genre_western-spaghetti*where_0_djvaso*mode_more). I have also few gialli and poliziesci and try to expand collection in this area.
Kind regards

almayer
03-08-2009, 09:27
Hello,
My name is Vaso. I am from Serbia&Montenegro and a big fan of Italian genre cinema. Here is my little collection of spaghetti westerns (http://www.dvdaf.com/search.html?genre=western-spaghetti&where=djvaso&folder=owned&init_form=str0_0_genre_western-spaghetti*where_0_djvaso*mode_more). I have also few gialli and poliziesci and try to expand collection in this area.
Kind regards

Welcome to the forum Vaso, nice movies!!!

spellcavallone
06-09-2009, 15:46
Hello! Great to be here!! I'm from Australia, and have just had my account activated.

Long live 70's Italian Cinema - The Good, The Bad, and The Sleazy.

spellcavallone!!

almayer
13-10-2009, 10:18
Hello! Great to be here!! I'm from Australia, and have just had my account activated.

Long live 70's Italian Cinema - The Good, The Bad, and The Sleazy.

spellcavallone!!

Welcome to our user from down under. Where are you located mate?

spellcavallone
23-10-2009, 09:42
thank you.

i'm located in north coast new south wales, australia.

pretty chilled down here.

i should be selling some vhs on ebay soon, and will post the links on here when i do.

hope all is well

almayer
26-10-2009, 08:07
thank you.

i'm located in north coast new south wales, australia.

pretty chilled down here.

i should be selling some vhs on ebay soon, and will post the links on here when i do.

hope all is well

Everything's fine, thx. Pls note that we have a specific section for BUY/SELL/TRADE, it's called Mercatino and you can find it here:

http://www.gentedirispetto.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Macabre
10-11-2009, 21:10
Hi! Im from Sweden. I speak english "e un po' di italiano".
Im a big fan of italian genre cinema, especially gialli and polizieschi.
Im studying italian at the moment and this forum seems to be the perfect place to combine my interest for italian genre cinema and the language.

almayer
11-11-2009, 08:09
Hi! Im from Sweden. I speak english "e un po' di italiano".
Im a big fan of italian genre cinema, especially gialli and polizieschi.
Im studying italian at the moment and this forum seems to be the perfect place to combine my interest for italian genre cinema and the language.

Welcome Macabre! Depending on how you feel confident with your written Italian, you can either write in English in this room or in Italian in the many other rooms of the forum. We share your passion, enjoy GdR! :)

quidtum
02-12-2009, 19:03
I can speak English language as well, sometimes I use to create some English fansubs too.

peter piper
31-08-2010, 22:50
hi everyone another english speaker to add to the list!

i see there is a special section 'mercatino' for buying/selling/trading films, but i also see there are some posters listing sale items in other threads.

ok to deal with them that way?

gr8 forum with some pretty special films and comments.

took me too long to discover it!

Slogun
31-08-2010, 23:31
i see there is a special section 'mercatino' for buying/selling/trading films, but i also see there are some posters listing sale items in other threads.

Cheers mate, welcome aboard.

The "mercatino" section is the only one that should be used for buying/selling/trading films and stuff, every post in other rooms that deals with these kind of things is in violation of the forum rules and is very likely to be removed, even without warning. Please stick to the "mercatino" for your buying/selling/trading needs, thank you!

By the way, if you see such postings where they do not belong, please be so kind to let us know by clicking the small "exclamation mark in triangle" icon of the wrong post. We try to keep a close watch, but every now and then something may very well escape our sight.

Enjoy your stay! :cool:

almayer
01-09-2010, 12:08
hi everyone another english speaker to add to the list!

gr8 forum with some pretty special films and comments.

took me too long to discover it!

Welcome to our forum Peter!
Where do you come from? Could you pls update your profile with your location?
Thanks

For any question/doubt, feel free to ask!

peter piper
02-09-2010, 23:49
thanx for the welcome guys :cool:

peter piper
07-09-2010, 22:04
the following is under the 'Nuove Collane dvd in edicola(solo avvistamenti) section posted on july 31st by DAVIDGOODIS.
with my limited Italian i thought it was advertising home burnt dvd's for sale. please correct me if i am wrong! I left a pm for the poster but so far no response.
tks for your help.
pp

''Re: Nuove collane dvd in edicola [solo avvistamenti]
BRIGITTE BARDOT IN 23 DVD!

In edicola il primo dvd " PIACE A TROPPI" a 6.99 E. (Bella edizione Raro - integrale/restaurata con extra).

Le altre 22 uscite con cadenza settimanale a 9.99 E. sono:

A BRIGLIA SCIOLTA - MISS SPOGLIARELLO - SEXY GIRL - FEMMINA - LA RAGAZZA DEL PECCATO - LES FEMMES - LE PISTOLERE - IL DISPREZZO - VITA PRIVATA - RAGAZZE FOLLI - VIVA MARIA! - IO L'AMORE - COLINOT L'ALZASOTTANE - LE NOVIZIE - LA VERITA' - LA VIA DEL RHUM - GRANDI MANOVRE - TENTAZIONI PROIBITE - ERASMO IL LENTIGGINOSO - UN DOTTORE IN ALTO MARE - ATTO D'AMORE - VERSAILLES.

Un'iniziativa Hobby Work.''

mister.steed
08-09-2010, 01:13
the following is under the 'Nuove Collane dvd in edicola(solo avvistamenti) section posted on july 31st by DAVIDGOODIS.
with my limited Italian i thought it was advertising home burnt dvd's for sale. please correct me if i am wrong! I left a pm for the poster but so far no response.
tks for your help.
pp

''Re: Nuove collane dvd in edicola [solo avvistamenti]
BRIGITTE BARDOT IN 23 DVD!

In edicola il primo dvd " PIACE A TROPPI" a 6.99 E. (Bella edizione Raro - integrale/restaurata con extra).

Le altre 22 uscite con cadenza settimanale a 9.99 E. sono:

A BRIGLIA SCIOLTA - MISS SPOGLIARELLO - SEXY GIRL - FEMMINA - LA RAGAZZA DEL PECCATO - LES FEMMES - LE PISTOLERE - IL DISPREZZO - VITA PRIVATA - RAGAZZE FOLLI - VIVA MARIA! - IO L'AMORE - COLINOT L'ALZASOTTANE - LE NOVIZIE - LA VERITA' - LA VIA DEL RHUM - GRANDI MANOVRE - TENTAZIONI PROIBITE - ERASMO IL LENTIGGINOSO - UN DOTTORE IN ALTO MARE - ATTO D'AMORE - VERSAILLES.

Un'iniziativa Hobby Work.''

Sorry for my english but you're wrong.

It's an advertising for Brigitte Bardot's movie dvd collection by famous publishing house "Hobby & Work": all the digital versatile discs in this collection are made by industrial production, although in many case (for the rarest movie) the quality is not always at the top

peter piper
08-09-2010, 14:45
your english is obviously much better that my italian!!!

many thanks for your quick explanation.

peter piper
10-09-2010, 21:36
Amongst other Italian Direectors we collect films by Osvaldo Civirani born Rome 1917 and died 2008.
In 1965 he wrote and directed a short film Tentazioni Proibite (aka Forbidden Temptations) starring amongst others Jean-Luc Godard, Yvonne de Carlo, Brigitte Bardot and Christine Keeler.
Can any forum member locate a copy for me to buy/trade or provide a down load link?

thanks for your help

Slogun
10-09-2010, 21:55
or provide a down load link?

Unfortunately, here on Gente Di Rispetto is absolutely forbidden to provide or even reference P2P clients, download links and the like. Downloading movies is illegal, and we don't want this forum shut down by the authorities. I'm sure you understand. ;)

peter piper
11-09-2010, 16:52
sori , of course i now understand the forum rules :( :(

if any one is able to provide a trade that would be great