Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Renato Polselli

Default Re: Renato Polselli

Quote Originally Posted by Caltiki
    I prefer these initial works of Polselli, like L'amante del vampiro (funny..the plot is similar to the future Pupillo's movie..Il boia scarlatto, where a group of gilrs, ballet-dancers go in a castle..) or Il mostro dell'opera (i must see in these days also a mondo-movie called mondo pazzo gente matta) even if they have got a simple plot, but they are not much complicated like the works of 70'ties..I tried to see La veritā secondo Satana and of course the other cult movies you have mentioned and... I became crazy! even if I know that Polselli is loved for this crazyness, of course.
    He has studied philosophy and his films are veritable dissertations on the nature of evil, starting with L'AMANTE DEL VAMPIRO with its alternate theory on the origins of vampirism. La verita secondo Satana? I got a real pretty good copy in Italian mother tongue, in my opinion one of his best.

Quote Originally Posted by almayer
    Polselli has to be seen in SMOKORAMA!
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hollis
    He has studied philosophy and his movies are veritable dissertations on the nature of evil, starting with L'AMANTE DEL VAMPIRO with its alternate theory on the origins of vampirism. La verita secondo Satana? I got a real pretty good copy in Italian mother tongue, in my opinion one of his best.
    Thx for these interesting notes, I would like to add only that there is an evident fracture from the initial works of 50-60 and the more recent works of 70': the first were much simple, the second much complex..but for me is a complexity that go to the direction of a bit of confusion, naturally Imo. I knew about his studies on philosophy: perhaps this give a reason for his elucubrations of 70'
    This glade was a cemetery, this hole a tomb,
    this oblong object the body of the man who had died in the night.

at present, what's La verita secondo Satana longer version in Italy? What's its running time?

I will control my copy.

I've a version edited by Tower film s.r.l., it's running time is 1:25:08.
    The logo of Tower film appears at start and at the end.
    Last edited by Caltiki; 08-03-2006 at 10:35. Reason: corrections...bad English

I got my copy last december, its length is 1:28:49 (special thanks to A.L.T. of bcult, a real gentleman). Well, I was afraid it existed another longer copy. I think it comes from Camen tape source. The garish colors, sleazy characters, unseemly settings, & fantastic electric soundtrack plunge you headfirst into this chaotic erotic world. Polselli is a director who really tries to be approximating eroticism through film instead of just representing or reproducing it. During some of the more outrageous fantasy sequences it is not clear exactly whose psyche we are traveling through...it is more like a spasmodic and violent series of images that dissolve the barrier between individuals. About La casa dall'amore..., another gem, I have read a very intriguing review of this one on an old ETC issue, and since then wanted to grab it. Is it so good?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hollis
    About La casa dall'amore..., another gem, I have read a very intriguing review of this one on an old ETC issue, and since then wanted to grab it. Is it so good?
    I've got it from a lot of time, but I've never seen it ..of course, for my few free time. Now, intrigued by this topic, I promise to myself to watch it in the next days! . Another movie of Polselli, MANIA, is intriguing my in these days..refreshed in my mind by an old post of our member A.N. that spoken about it.

Thumbs up Re: Renato Polselli

Hi Mark, where did you get your LA VERITA' SECONDO SATANA longer copy? How can i contact u?

Let me know... I'm ready for trade...

Quote Originally Posted by OpossuM
    Hi Mark, where did you get your LA VERITA' SECONDO SATANA longer copy? How can i contact u?

Let me know... I'm ready for trade...
    as member bcult trade-area. I am still busy a lot of swaps there.

A Polselli book will be released in United Kingdom on 2006, by Wayne Maginn...at least a book on Renato...!!!